Monday, January 12, 2009

Target Disappointments

Dashed in last night to grab some things, and found some things I wasn't too happy with. Nothing major, but still a tad annoying.

1. No 100% USA orange juice. I figure if I'm going to enjoy some OJ, I'd enjoy it knowing that is all comes from the US. Every brand had oranges from USA, Guatamala, Mexico, and Brazil. So, I left without.

2. My family (or to be more exact, Pink and Little Blue) are cereal addicts, and we're a big fan of the Malt-o-Meal cereals. Target, at first glimpse, should have the best selection, as I saw at least 30 bins to hold various types of cereal, probably capable of holding at least 300 bags of cereal (figuring they're stacked 5 high, 2 deep in each bin). How many actual packages of cereal were there? 10. I grabbed two of the cheapie Cap'n Crunch, considered myself lucky because that's what Pink wanted. Sadly, this was the whole point of this journey and I almost had a failed mission.

3. Target plastic bags are not number 1 or number 2 recyclable. They're destined for bathroom trash bags now.

4. Four registers open at 5:30pm on a Sunday night. I guess there was probably 30 people in line. Nice.

On a deep thought note...I wonder if I was the only guy in the whole store who knew what kinda of HEPA filter his vacuum used.

1 highly regarded thoughts:

Target also blocked SF bagmaker Timbuk2 from reselling discarded/recycled Target bags under the flimsy excuse that it was "misusing their logo." Whatevers. Google "lamitron" to get the whole story.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home