Friday, October 10, 2008

You wanna know my advice?

I hate that question.

It's the same for every parenting question I ever get asked. Do what You feel is right for Your family.

Breast or Bottle? Daycare or At Home Parent? Disposable or Reusable? Use what works for you.

If you don't know what to do, then solicit for advice or do some research. Ask your partner for their opinion, especially if you have a worry. Ask friends, with or without kids. Ask your parents (in-laws optional), read message boards, blogs, or even crack open a book (and visit the 'brary to save a buck or tw0).

I know I got annoyed as hell when everyone came to me suggesting this or that, or how to properly do X or Y. I did my best only to offer advice when asked, and I'm sure I broke my own rule a time or two.

My point is, it doesn't matter what I think. It doesn't matter what the old bitty across the street who gives you the evil eye when you wait for the school bus with an infant daughter in your arms thinks. It doesn't matter what your boss, co workers, or the women who look at the guy longingly when he plays with his son on the playground rather than getting intimate with his blackberry thinks.

What matters is what is right to you and how it makes you feel.

If your happy, who am I to tell you different?

1 highly regarded thoughts:

AMEN!

I always say that advice is usually worth what you pay for it:) I tell people that this or that worked for us but they are not us.

Keep the faith,

Al

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home