Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I'll Pass on Burp Armor

Heck, I've even had spit up go down my shirt (Pink and I chuckled about the baby's aim on that one).

But, Burp Armor? For me, it's just teaser armor. It looks nice, possibly a hair on the manly/trendy side, but it won't get the job done.

When babies spit up, they don't just do it on the shoulder, they do it on the neck, arm, back, and heck, I occasionally get mysterious belly spitup that I have no clue how it got there.

My recommendations, stick with some either some thick cloth diapers (thanks Aunt B!) or receiving blankets. The diapers are a little small but super absorbent, and the receiving blankets are huge and cover a ton of adult real estate that can, will, and shall double as spit up receptacles.

Save the 25 bucks and pick up some blankets, you'll get at least 8 for that amount. My guess is that Pink and I have 20 or so, and that'll get us through a couple days of laundry without having to do laundry every hour.
clipped from www.babygadget.net

Burp Armor

yhst-92993563700112_1999_959309.jpeg
 blog it

1 highly regarded thoughts:

Daddyman, I agree. For bottom line complete coverage, wrapping yourself in an old blanket will stop your entire body from getting baby slime on it. And, old cloth diapers rock for absorbency. However, you've got to give a guy some props for inventing something that's cool and is designed to do the trick. I wanted something that stayed put, was really absorbent (it's like 3 cloth diapers on your shoulder), fit in the family diaper bag and was really functional in any situation. So, Burp Armor was designed with eco-friendly fabrics that are kind to all who touch it, especially our babies who rest their heads on it when burping. I would love to send you a sample for testing. It's not a blanket, but it covers enough in order to allow you to leave the house w/o wrapping yourself in that blanket. Give it a test drive, and let us know what you think. Thanks for the mention on the blog.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home