Monday, January 21, 2008

The Wii is Go

We've been playing on the Wii most of the weekend. Little Blue got tired of all the time it was taking me to reconfigure all the goodies that go through the TV, but we got it going.

I knew I was going to have to buy and s-video switch for the TV, so since I was going to have to reconnect everything, I decided to go green and get a couple surge protectors, everything that had to stay on all the time (Pink's ipod dock, cable box, and the Wii) is on one bar, everything else is on the other. When we're not using them, I shut them off so they don't draw any juice while just sitting there.

Only idiot thing I did was pick up a co-axial cable for the the switch rather than s-video, so I'll have to go exchange it this week. Composite video works though.

As soon as we turned it on and Pink had a wiimote in here hand, she was all sorts of giddy. Hand clapping giddy.

The console game with Wii Sports, and we also picked up Wii Play with the extra Wiimote. Little Blue's favorite by far is Baseball, but he only likes pitching. He gets a little frustrated with the batting. Pink loves to play bowling, and likes a good game of tennis.

We also downloaded the Wii web browser and Pink wanted some old school gaming action, so we also got Super Mario Brothers. Both work excellent, and a wireless keyboard will work with the Wii, so I may look into getting one of those.

So far it's a lot of fun, and it can be a work out if you stand up and play. But, you can play sitting down and whipping your hands around and get the same effect. I've got a feeling we'll be picking up Zelda: Twilight Princess up for Pink and I, Monster Jam (monster trucks, for Little Blue and I), and maybe a Sims game for Pink. With the online browser, we'll hop online, watch reviews and talk about the games, and see if we think we'd enjoy them.

It's a lot of fun, and since I have a switch for the s-video hookups, I can fire up the PS2 without causing a mess.

Pinks favorite part? Creating Miis for everyone in the family. :)

0 highly regarded thoughts:

Newer Post Older Post Home