Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Order Whole Milk

So the girls had their 1 year check up last Friday. Little Blue, Purple, Teal and I met Pink at the Doctors office.

And let me say, our little Anakin was at the right place at the right time. The Pediatrician was a Clone Trooper, there was nurse Princess Leia, and rumor had it Darth Vader was also roaming the halls.

But, just as Pink and the girls got settled in the room, I had to haul Little Blue to catch the school bus. Pink wasn't happy about it, but scheduling is scheduling.

So, fast forward till Pink brought the beauties back home to me. I knew that Pink would have a horrible time at the doctor with both girls, on her own, and since they were getting shots, she'd have to redress them, in their costumes, then come home.

Needless to say, I was listening to Stephen King's Gunslinger on my MP3 player on the front steps so I'd be handy to assist.

Turns out, the girls were average for height and melon measurements, but they were underweight. So underweight that the didn't give Pink the percentile (turns out, it was right at 5%).

So, Order Whole Milk was given by the Clone Trooper.

3 Cups for the ladies, every day. So far, breakfast is a breeze. 5oz in their cereal, 3 oz in a sippy cup. Though I felt guilty feeding them all that grub, but they finished it and fussed when it was over, so that was a good sign.

Lunch they split some pureed Meat/pasta/veggie/fruit and a full sippy cup of milk. What Pink does for dinner while I'm checking out library materials to you I'm not too sure about, but I'll learn Friday when I have my only evening off during the week. ;)

And yes, I stole from my babies and already snuck a class of chocolate milk. :)

1 highly regarded thoughts:

We were on whole milk until two years. We just went to 2% and I miss having the good stuff around.

Keep the faith,

Al

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home