Friday, September 26, 2008

Sad Story to Hear

At first I was furious when I saw this, but if it was between this or homelessness, it would be a hard decision to make.
clipped from www.injuryboard.com
Dad Who Left 9 Kids Talks

“I hope they know I love them,” he said.  “I hope their future is better without me around them.”

Staton relinquished custody to the five boys and four girls, ages 1 to 17, at Creighton University Medical Center Wednesday night when he handed a woman the birth certificates of the children and said he was there to surrender them.

Staton’s wife died early last year of a brain aneurysm shortly after giving birth to their youngest child.  He then had to quit his job so couldn’t pay rent or utilities.  

“I was with her for 17 years, and then she was gone. What was I going to do? We raised them together. I didn’t think I could do it alone. I fell apart. I couldn’t’ take care of them.”  

He says he wanted to get them to a safe place before they were homeless.

 blog it

0 highly regarded thoughts:

Newer Post Older Post Home